The death of a baby white tiger mourned this Sunday, October 10 the Touropac, zoological amusement park of Romanèches-Thorins, in Saône-et-Loire.
It is a team "upset" which announced the news in a statement released Tuesday, October 12th.
The two-month-old cub, who was weaning, choked on Sunday, October 10, swallowing a piece of meat through the mouth.
An unexpected birth
"It was when Tina, her mother was fed, that everything happened very quickly", explains the park in its press release.
“Placed between the legs of this one, the tiger cub attended the meal of its mother when it consumed, as usual, a piece of meat thus causing an accidental false route.
The veterinary team, which was on the scene, provided first aid and in particular resuscitation maneuvers, to no avail.
The birth of the tiger cub, on August 8, had been a happy surprise since its mother showed no sign of gestation.
The father died in June from a lung infection.
The tiger cub was the object of regular surveillance by the veterinary team.
His death is "an unforeseeable accident which could just as well have taken place in a natural environment", specifies the Touroparc.
Cuba: a little white tigress was born at the national zoo, a first
Moselle: a baby rhinoceros was born at the Amnéville zoo