After the suspicious death of a 22-year-old Sète a few hours after receiving a dose of vaccine against the coronavirus, a judicial investigation was opened.
An autopsy will be carried out at the initiative of the examining magistrate, in order to seek "the causes of death" indicated the Montpellier prosecutor's office.
But according to the prosecution, "the autopsy will probably not be conclusive."
“Indeed, even if it is established at the end that the death would result from an allergy, it is already reported that the young man would have consumed shortly before his death a food for which he had a known allergy, ”he continued.
Further investigations will be “no doubt necessary”.
The father's video, widely relayed by antivax
In a video posted on Facebook on which we see a still shot of a digital European vaccination certificate bearing the victim's name, a man posing as his father explains that his "only son", his "eldest", had been killed. vaccinate in Sète (Hérault) to be able to go to Greece with a friend.
The young blond man with light eyes "died after an allergic shock at 11 pm after being vaccinated at 2 pm", he assures on this video widely relayed on social networks, in particular by anti-vaccine or anti-pass activists sanitary.
“My son was 22, 22 years old.
It is criminal to put on the market vaccines which are not certified, which have not been verified… ”, he accuses.
Calling himself "mad with rage", the father also says he hopes his video will "go around the world".
Asked Wednesday, the Occitanie Regional Health Agency indicated that an “expertise was in progress” and that its services were “strongly mobilized” to shed light on the causes of this death.
Colleges and high schools: Only the unvaccinated will have distance learning if there is a case of coronavirus in the classroom
Access to vaccines widens inequalities in economic recovery, IMF says