More than 1.28 million people watched the provisionally last episode of
on Monday evening
The family will return with a sixth season after the summer, it became clear at the end of the broadcast.
Maxime, Martien, Erica and Montana returned with family and friends to the castle they bought at the beginning of the series.
The intention was to have a farewell party, but in the end the buyer did not show up and the family may have to return to France to prepare the bed and breakfast for sale.
In the broadcast it also became clear that dating Erica Renkema with private detective Sander van Betten has turned into a friendship.
Renkema informed NU.nl that there has never been a love affair, contrary to what was previously suggested.
The family will return on Thursday, when daughters Montana and Maxime will be seen in
where they style children's bedrooms.
The day top 5 of Monday 3 May
1. NOS News from 8 pm (NPO1) - 2,083,000 viewers
2. Chateau Meiland (SBS6) - 1,283,000 viewers
3. Half past seven news (RTL4) - 1,265,000 viewers
4. NOS News from 6 pm (NPO1) - 1,213,000 viewers
5. Traceless (NPO1) - 1,192,000 viewers