Actress Alicia Silverstone - Face to Face / VISUAL Press Agency

Become famous with Clueless (1995), Alicia Silverstone, then 20 years old, had obtained the role of Batgirl in Batman & Robin (1997). But what should have been an opportunity for the actress turned into a nightmare. Not only did the film, considered the worst iteration of the franchise, make a flop, but the star was also the subject of frightful criticism, the press having called him "the big one".

"They made fun of my body when I was younger," she remembered for the Guardian . It was hurtful, but I knew they were wrong. I was not confused. I knew they had no right to make fun of someone's body, that it didn't seem like the right thing to do to a human being. "

Ancient history

Alicia Silverstone also has a bad memory of the shooting of the film with George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman. "The working conditions were more than unfavorable," she continued. So much so that the actress "lost the taste for comedy for a very long time" after that.

View this post on Instagram

@badtherapymovie comes out THIS FRIDAY! You can pre-order it now via the link in my bio ✨ Ask me your questions about the film in the comments below and I'll answer as many as I can!

A post shared by Alicia Silverstone (@aliciasilverstone) on Apr 13, 2020 at 7:05 pm PDT

But it is now ancient history and Batman & Robin has practically disappeared from memory. Alicia Silverstone is currently playing Bad Therapy , a film released directly on VOD on April 17.

Alicia Silverstone wants to go green
  • Batman
  • Moral harassment
  • Actress
  • People
  • Cinema