Country singer Joe Diffie died on Sunday at the age of 61 from the consequences of the coronavirus, reports Variety . The singer was known for songs such as Bigger Than the Beatles and Pickup Man .
Just last Friday, it was announced that the singer was suffering from COVID-19.
Diffie had many number 1 hits in the 1990s. With this he won several Grammys. The American also reached the top ten hits in The Billboard Hot Country Songs in the 1990s .
Follow the latest developments around the virus in our live blog.
The coronavirus in short
- The coronavirus mainly spreads through sneezes and cough drops. The virus can be transmitted directly from person to person or (for a limited time) through surfaces such as door handles.
- You can considerably reduce the chance of spreading by keeping at least 1.5 meters away from others.
- An infected person infects two to three others on average. Precautions are necessary to contain this.
- The vast majority of patients have mild (flu-like) complaints.
- Almost all deaths involve the elderly or other vulnerable persons, such as heart, lung or diabetes patients. If everyone complies with the measures, this reduces their risks.
- Read here what precautions you should take.