Teller Report

Now you can see non-English news...

Government to subsidize capital investment to increase mask production

2020-02-12T08:28:19.965Z

Demand for masks has increased sharply due to the spread of the new coronavirus, and masks have become scarce at stores in Japan. This is why the country is producing masks…



Subsidies are granted for capital investment to increase production of masks Government policy February 17 at 17:16

Demand for masks has increased sharply due to the spread of the new coronavirus, and masks have become scarce at stores in Japan. For this reason, the government has decided to grant subsidies to manufacturers that make capital investments for increased production, saying that the production capacity of masks needs to be increased quickly.

Mask manufacturers are allowed to operate 24 hours a day the domestic factory at the request from the country, the country prospect that supplies more than 100 million sheets per week equal to or greater than the previous years have been the only.

However, if demand continues to increase, the shortage of goods may be prolonged, and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry has determined that it is necessary to rapidly increase the production capacity of manufacturers, and has decided to grant subsidies for capital investment to increase production. I hardened.

The target is manufacturers who install equipment at the request of the government. Subsidies are limited to 30 million yen per production line, two-thirds of the cost for large and medium-sized enterprises, and four-minutes for small and medium-sized enterprises. Assist each of the three. The necessary budget of 450 million yen will utilize the national contingency.

According to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, domestic masks sold in Japan account for about 30% of the total, and the remaining 70% are produced in China.

However, in China, the spread of the new coronavirus is currently hampering production and logistics, which is affecting shipments to Japan. We hope that this measure will eliminate shortages in Japan.

On the other hand, some manufacturers are worried that the masks whose production has increased rapidly may become excessive inventory, so the government is considering purchasing some of them as stockpile after demand has ceased.

Source: nhk

Business 2020-03-13T12:10:20.094Z
Business 2020-03-13T05:40:19.894Z
Life/Entertain 2020-03-31T04:24:42.671Z
Life/Entertain 2020-03-31T15:57:54.051Z
Life/Entertain 2020-03-31T13:57:25.859Z
Life/Entertain 2020-03-31T14:39:59.769Z
Life/Entertain 2020-03-31T15:28:39.547Z
life 2020/04/01    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy