Does regional news make your heart beat faster? Do you understand that our users like to stay informed of the latest developments in their street, village or city? Let us hear from you soon, because NU.nl is looking for a junior editor (full-time) for the regional editor.
What does the job involve?
During news services you are responsible for writing messages for our regional sections and monitor and / or publish the messages from our various regional partners.
You provide final editing and, where necessary, ask our partners to supplement their reporting. You are in close contact with the partners and you are the link between them and the editors of NU.nl.
You work at our regional editorial team with a chef, a coordinator and several freelancers. The function is a desk function.
You work forty hours a week and in a changing schedule. One week you have early shifts, the other week you have late shifts. It should not be a logistical problem for you to arrive in Hoofddorp between 6:30 AM and midnight. You also have no trouble working during holidays.
We are looking for someone who ...
- strong in communication and a team player;
- works quickly and without errors;
- is resistant to stress, flexible, independent and driven;
- is able to oversee and regionalize news developments;
- has an eye for both important and light news.
- minimum HBO thinking and working level with journalistic experience;
- knowledge of online journalism, working at a news editorial office;
- preferably experience as a news editor for a regional title;
- much interest in regional news;
- demonstrable affinity with news in a broad sense.
We offer ...
- a challenging job with a nice editorial staff;
- many young and enthusiastic colleagues;
- an educational place at the largest news site in the Netherlands;
- plenty of room for personal input and initiative;
- the ability to grow;
- a competitive salary (the position falls on scale 4 of the CLA DJ).
Are you interested in this position? Send your motivation (in the body of the e-mail) and resume to Lindsay Mossink, editor of NU.nl: email@example.com - stating Junior regional editor. The application process consists of several interviews and a test assignment.