53 people are food poisoning. Restaurant business at the accommodation is closed. Akita Aug. 16, 20:04
On the 7th of this month, 53 people, including men in their 20s to 40s who ate at a restaurant in an accommodation in Akita, complained of symptoms such as diarrhea and abdominal pain. We have been suspended for 3 days from 16th.
The restaurant was closed at Hachimantai, Hachimantai, Kazuno City, Akita Prefecture.
According to Akita Prefecture, several athletes who participated in the Ekiden tournament held in Kazuno City this morning on the 7th of this month complained of symptoms such as diarrhea and abdominal pain. I was contacted by the Odate Health Center.
Symptoms were reported by 53 men in their 20s to 40s who participated in the tournament from Ibaraki and Saitama Prefectures, all of whom detected multiple bacteria such as Clostridium perfringens and Staphylococcus aureus.
Since the only common meal was the lunch of this day at a restaurant in Hachimantai Onuma Chaya Lake, Odate Public Health Center determined that this meal caused food poisoning and decided to suspend the business for three days from the 16th.
According to the prefecture, all of the symptoms are heading for pleasure.
Because it is easy for bacterial food poisoning to occur during hot weather, Akita Prefecture has been calling for careful attention such as thorough cleaning, disinfection, and hand washing of cooking utensils, as well as sufficient heating when cooking food.