Twitter hasn't gotten any safer under new owner Elon Musk, according to the former head of Trust and Safety.
The company no longer has enough staff for security work, Yoel Roth said Tuesday in his first interview since resigning this month.
After Musk took over the social media platform, Roth tweeted that security under the Tesla founder had improved in some respects.
At a journalists' conference, when asked if he still thought so, he said, "No."
The short message service is currently trying to restore users' dwindling trust in the security of the platform with the help of the verified subscription model Twitter Blue.
The security certificate is now set to roll out on Friday, but only for Apple's iOS mobile software, news site The Information reported on Tuesday, citing a person familiar with the plans.
Because Twitter is rolling out the subscription offer via an iOS app update, the company required Apple's approval as part of the review process, the report said.
The Android version will be updated later.
Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Musk had previously accused Apple in a series of tweets of banning Twitter from the App Store for no reason and that the iPhone maker had stopped advertising on the social media platform.
Apple is pressuring Twitter by demanding content moderation, Musk wrote.