“We agreed to study how to create strategic gas reserves,” von der Leyen said at a press conference after the summit of EU heads of state.
Energy prices: while supporting consumers and businesses, we'll work on increasing resilience & independence.
• See how to establish a strategic gas reserve
• Explore joint procurement
• Intensify outreach to suppliers
• Speed up work on interconnections https://t.co/Wo2896fXP4
- Ursula von der Leyen (@vonderleyen) October 22, 2021
She also announced an agreement to explore the possibility of joint purchases.
Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin, speaking at a plenary session of the Valdai International Discussion Club, said that the gas shortage in Europe is the result of the economic policy pursued by the European Commission.Keywords: