Exports jump 44% during the first half of 2021

27% growth in the UAE's non-oil foreign trade to 900 billion dirhams

The country's non-oil foreign trade achieved an increase of 6% during the first half of 2021 compared to the period preceding the outbreak of the pandemic.

archival

The UAE's non-oil foreign trade achieved a growth of 27% during the first half of this year, compared to the same period last year, and an increase of 6% over the same period in 2019, that is, in the period preceding the spread of the "Covid-19" pandemic around the world. world, which proves the rapid recovery of the country's non-oil foreign trade, and its return to its positive path.

According to preliminary official data, announced by the Ministry of Economy yesterday, the state's non-oil foreign trade recorded an estimated 900 billion dirhams, in the first half of 2021, while the state's non-oil exports increased in the same period to 170 billion dirhams, achieving a growth rate of 44% compared to the first half of 2020, and an increase of 41% compared to the same period in 2019.

The percentage of non-oil exports’ contribution to the country’s total non-oil foreign trade increased during the same period (first half of 2021), to reach about 19%, compared to 16.6% during the first half of 2020 and 14.2% during the first half of 2019.

positive performance

Minister of State for Foreign Trade, Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, said that the non-oil foreign trade data, which was recorded during the first half of this year, reflects an important positive performance of this sector, as good growth rates have been achieved in the total value of trade over the past two years. Despite the negative effects of the “Covid-19” pandemic on the global trade movement, as well as the significant growth leaps in non-oil exports.

He added that this is a clear indication of the rapid recovery and restoration of the positive path and the increasing growth in the country's foreign trade movement in general, and in promoting national non-oil exports in particular.

exports

In addition, an analytical study by the Ministry of Economy, on the preliminary data of non-oil foreign trade activities, indicated that the country’s gold exports exceeded 70 billion dirhams during the first half of 2021, achieving a growth of 48%, compared to the first half of last year, while the rest Non-oil exports, excluding gold, amounted to 98 billion dirhams, a growth of 42% over the first half of 2020, and 20% over the same period in 2019. 87% of the country's non-oil exports are of national origin, and 13% come from free zones and customs warehouses.

The most important exports

Gold, ornaments and jewelry, aluminum, plastics, copper and its products, iron and steel and its products came as the five most important non-oil exports of the country, as their total value witnessed a growth of 50% in the first half of 2021, compared to the first half of 2020, and by 47.4%. compared to the same period in 2019.

Re-export

Re-export activities, which totaled 238 billion dirhams in the first half of 2021, witnessed a growth of 22% compared to the same period in 2020, knowing that 46% of re-export activities in the country are from the local market and 54% from free zones.

imports

The volume of imports during the same period exceeded 482 billion dirhams, a growth of 24% compared to the first half of 2020, and 3% compared to the first half of 2019, knowing that 66% of those imports go to the local market, and 34% to free zones and customs warehouses.

The study showed that for the country's total non-oil trade, 65% of it is with the local market, while free zones and customs warehouses account for the remaining 35%. The study also showed that 45% of this trade is transported by air, 35% by sea, and 20% overland.

• The country's gold exports exceeded 70 billion dirhams during the first six months of 2021.

• 87% of the country's non-oil exports are of national origin, and 13% come from free zones and customs warehouses.

The most important partners

The country's non-oil trade witnessed a growth with the five most important countries, during the first half of this year, compared to the same period in 2020, and these countries are: China, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Turkey, and Italy.

As for the five most important destinations to which non-oil national exports increased during the same comparison period, they included: India, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Kuwait and China, while the countries that increased re-exports from the UAE to them included Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Egypt.

Follow our latest local and sports news and the latest political and economic developments via Google news

Keywords: half, trade, world, pandemic, spread, increase, uae, growth, 87%, exportsgold, exports, country, thani bin ahmed al zeyoudi, indication, zones