With investments that reached 14 billion dirhams at the end of last February ... and 55 thousand new lease contracts

3036 new real estate investors in Dubai since the beginning of 2021

The resilience of the real estate sector in Dubai and its adaptation to the current conditions boosted the confidence of local and international investors.


The number of new real estate investors in the Emirate of Dubai, from the beginning of this year until the end of last February, reached 3036 new investors, representing 62% of the total number of real estate investors registered in the same period.

This came in the “Real Estate Science” bulletin issued by the Dubai Land Department, which showed the resilience of the Dubai real estate sector since the beginning of 2021, and its adaptation to the current circumstances related to the outbreak of the "Covid-19" pandemic, which strengthened the confidence of local and international investors. The real estate environment in the emirate, and contributed to the continuity of the flow of real estate investments since the beginning of the year, reaching 14 billion dirhams by the end of last February.

Contracts and projects

The bulletin revealed many other vital indicators of the real estate market in the emirate, explaining that the number of lease contracts registered since the beginning of 2021 until the end of February reached 96 thousand and 396 contracts, 57% of which are new contracts (55 thousand contracts), while the remaining 43% are renewed contracts. While the number of new projects registered in the same period was seven.


According to the "Real Estate Science" bulletin, last January achieved a record number of mortgages, which amounted to 3,007 mortgages, the highest number of mortgages ever in one month.

The value of those mortgages also recorded a new record of 20.9 billion dirhams, which is the largest value since October 2016, while the same month also recorded the highest number of real estate transactions since March 2017, with a number of 6,638 real estate transactions, amounting to 29.4 billion dirhams. , The largest value since January 2018.

Real estate sales

Real estate sales recorded a growth of 17% during January 2021, compared to the same month of 2020, while the value of real estate brokerage achieved by effective real estate brokers in the real estate market reached 84 million dirhams last January.

687 million dirhams transactions of Dubai real estate

Yesterday, real estate transactions in the Dubai Land Department amounted to more than 687 million dirhams.

In a statement, the department stated that 148 pledges were recorded at a value of 412.41 million dirhams, of which 16 were pledged to land, amounting to 92.66 million dirhams, and 132 pledges to apartments and villas, at a value of 319.74 million dirhams, while mortgages recorded 200.52 million dirhams, while 15 donations amounted to 74.82 million dirhams.

Top 5 regions for sales

The “Real Estate Sciences” bulletin issued by the Dubai Land Department shed light on the five best areas in terms of sales value for apartments and villas. The Nad Al Sheba area first topped the villa category last January, followed by the areas of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Gardens, and “ Wadi Al-Safa 5, “Al Yalayas 1” and “Jumeirah 1”.

As for February 2021, "Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Gardens", "Dubai Investment Park 1", "Wadi Al-Safa 7", "Al-Thanyah Fourth" and "Wadi Al-Safa 5" were topped, respectively.

With regard to the apartment category, the areas of "Dubai Marina", "Business Bay", "Palm Jumeirah", "Burj Khalifa" and "Al Thanyah Fifth" came first, while "Dubai Marina", "Business Bay" and " Burj Khalifa, Palm Jumeirah, and the Mercad area were the best areas during last February.

New investors make up 62% of the total registered real estate investors from the beginning of 2021 until the end of February.

17% growth in real estate sales during January 2021.

Follow our latest local and sports news, and the latest political and economic developments via Google news