Audi calls back 64,000 Euro 6 diesel
Audi has to call back more diesel in the workshop. Affected again are engines with the Euro 6 emission standard, which were considered clean and were built in 2018.
The car company Audi calls back in connection with the diesel scandal another 64,000 vehicles. In the affected cars with V-TDI engines parts of a software to be removed from the engine control, as the VW subsidiary announced on Thursday. Affected are the following series and engines:
- A6 (model years 2015 - 2018): 3.0 TDI with 155 kW, 160 kW and 200 kW as well as the 3.0 TDI Biturbo with 235 kW and 240 kW
- A7 Sportback (model years 2015 - 2018): 3.0 TDI with 155 kW, 160 kW and 200 kW as well as the 3.0 TDI Biturbo with 235 kW and 240 kW
- A8 (model years 2014 - 2017): 3.0 TDI with 155 kW, 190 kW and 193 kW
- Q5 (model years 2014 - 2017): 3.0 TDI with 184 kW and 190 kW
- SQ5 (model years 2015 - 2017): 3.0 TDI Biturbo with 230 kW, 240 kW and 250 kW
Thus, changes were made to around two-thirds of the total of 151,000 vehicles affected by diesel manipulation in accordance with the Euro 6 emissions standard. The licensing authority KBA had approved the solution proposed by Audi.
The software update is a mandatory callback. However, it should have no impact on fuel consumption, engine performance or CO2 emissions.