China News Service, July 14th, comprehensive foreign media reported that a fire broke out on the US amphibious assault ship "Good Man Richard" docked at the San Diego Naval Base in California for maintenance. As of the afternoon of the 13th local time, the fire was continuing and at least 57 people had been injured.
According to reports, about 400 naval soldiers are participating in the firefighting work. At least 57 people have been injured, including 34 navy soldiers and 23 civilians. Official sources said that all the injured have been discharged.
On July 12, local time, the US Navy's "Good Man Richard" amphibious assault ship exploded and caught fire at the San Diego Naval Base.
According to reports, the cause of the fire is still under investigation. Rear Admiral Philip Sobek said the Navy believed that the fire began with the storage of marine equipment and vehicles in the bottom cargo bay.
According to reports, Sobek said at a press conference on the 13th that the temperature of the heat source in the fire was as high as 1,000 degrees. At such high temperatures, the soldiers conduct fire shifts every 15 minutes.
When asked if the ship can be rescued, Sobek said: "There is absolutely hope, because we have sailors going all out." Sobek admitted that the ship may be able to put out the original fire Halon (Halon) The fire suppression system was not activated because the system was undergoing maintenance at the time.
According to the American Federation of Scientists, the total cost of this attack ship is estimated to be $761 million. It is currently docked in San Diego and is undergoing maintenance and renewal worth nearly $250 million.