Nagoya (AP) - Foreign ministers of leading economic powers are discussing today in Nagoya, Japan, at a G20 meeting on free trade and Africa policy. Federal Foreign Minister Heiko Maas wants to use the conference to speak with his Turkish colleague Mevlüt Cavusoglu about the arrest of a Turkish lawyer at the German Embassy in Ankara. The Turkish police detained the lawyer in mid-September. It is believed that the lawyer had sensitive data from people from Turkey who had applied for political asylum in Germany and who have now fallen into Turkey's hands.
International: Maas at G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Korea Foreign Minister Arrived in Nagoya To G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting 9 months
- “Space is also an active area” at the NATO Foreign Ministers Meeting 9 months
- International: Maas speaks at G20 meeting with Cavusoglu 9 months
- G20 Foreign Ministers' Meeting “Strengthening the free trade system is essential” Foreign Minister Mogi 9 months
- G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting Immediately reforming WTO's conflict resolution function 9 months