According to the German newspaper Bild (€), Till Lindemann, singer of the band Rammstein, is in intensive care because he is said to have been infected with the corona virus. In addition, the singer is said to have contracted pneumonia.
The singer is in a hospital in Berlin where he is being quarantined, the newspaper writes. The 57-year-old singer is said to have reported to a doctor last week, because he had a high fever.
The singer was then tested positive for the coronavirus and also turned out to have pneumonia. Although German media write that Lindemann was even in mortal danger, things would now slowly improve with the frontman of Rammstein.
Members of the band have not yet responded to the reports. Lindemann performed solo in Moscow on March 15.
Follow the latest developments around the virus in our live blog.
The coronavirus in short
- The coronavirus mainly spreads from person to person via sneezing and cough drops. The chance of becoming infected through surfaces such as door handles is small. This chance decreases if you wash your hands often.
- You can considerably reduce the chance of spreading by keeping at least 1.5 meters away from others.
- An infected person infects two to three others on average. Precautions are necessary to contain this.
- The vast majority of patients have mild (flu-like) complaints.
- Almost all deaths involve the elderly or other vulnerable persons, such as heart, lung or diabetes patients. If everyone complies with the measures, this reduces their risks.
- Read here what precautions you should take.