Billie Eilish, Lewis Capaldi and rapper Dave were the big winners at the Brit Awards on Tuesday, the most important British music prizes. The prizes were awarded for the 40th time.
Eilish won the prize for the best international female solo artist. Capaldi went home with two prizes: the one for the song of the year ( Someone You Loved ) and the one for the best new artist. Psychodrama by rapper Dave was awarded the prize for the best album of the year.
All three award-winning artists also performed during the award ceremony. Capaldi sang the song for which he won the prize. He did so after the opening address, the presenter of the event, Jack Whitehall. During his speech, the comedian stopped by presenter Caroline Flack, who died on Saturday.
Eilish sang her recently released No Time To Die , the title song of the new James Bond movie. Dave made a politically charged statement by calling British Prime Minister Boris Jonson a "real racist."
Brit Awards winners
- Male solo artist: Stormzy
- Female solo artist: Mabel
- Best group: Foals
- Song of the year: Lewis Capaldi-Someone You Loved
- Album of the year: Dave-Psychodrama
- New artist: Lewis Capaldi
- International female solo artist: Billie Eilish
- International male solo artist: Tyler, the Creator
VideoBillie Eilish - No Time To Die